Hi. I’m Sameer Vasta, a snail-mail boy living in an email world. I'm an over-user of the discretionary comma.
I pass my time reading my never-ending stack of library books, writing letters to penpals, and exploring the urban landscape on foot.
If you'd like to get in touch, feel free to send me an email or find me on Twitter.
— Recent Posts
- “Bury me in the ocean, with my ancestors that jumped from the ships, because they knew death was better than bondage.” Feb 25
Unsurprisingly, I’ve been doing a ton of reading about Black Panther and Wakanda recently, and I wanted share some of the best things I’ve read on the subject so far.
- Tomorrow feels like a day of quiet Feb 22
Tomorrow, I will reflect on what it means to be thirty-six years old, and think about what I’d like my next thirty-six to look like.
- Riding the endless hills Feb 20
On days I am feeling anxious, I open Alto’s Adventure, flip it to zen mode, put in my earphones, and just ride the endless hills.
- In color and in chrome Feb 16
Rarely do we see Africa presented as a place of splendor and brilliance: a place where great people do great things, a place where a multitude of histories and heritages weave into a majestic, multicultural tapestry.
- Early morning celebration at the train station Feb 13
There are few things that bring people, often complete strangers, together than cheering for the same team (national or otherwise).
- Maybe I haven’t gotten wiser as I’ve gotten older Feb 09
Maybe I haven’t gotten wiser as I’ve gotten older, but instead I’ve just found new spaces in which to exist.