Inspired by the /now movement, this page will be updated regularly with a few things that have the majority of my time and attention right now.
- Working from Washington DC as L attends the AASLD Conference.
- Spending the day at Communitech to visit with the Canada.ca team and meet with a department director at Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Creating a guide for ODS staff on how to make sure they attend and speak at conferences that represent a diversity of voices and perspectives.
- Preparing a statement to London Civic Works Committee about organic waste diversion.
- Preparing a proposal for London Public Library on how to engage people between the ages of 25-40 in library support and contribution.
- Starting the process of preparing our house for the winter.
- Reading: We Are Never Meeting In Real Life, Samantha Irby
- Watching: Game of Thrones, Season 2
Delivering a “Government 101” session for the incoming C4C fellows. Facilitating and hosting the ODS’ first “all-team” day. Exploring diversity, inclusion, and belonging initiatives as part of my new role at work. Thinking of ways to diversify the membership, and perspectives, of the Urban League of London. Doing the necessary preparation before I join the Board of Directors for a national not-for-profit organization. Visiting my in-laws on the west coast for Canadian Thanksgiving. Having frank conversations about mental illness spurred by my recent blog post on going back on my anti-depressants. Watching: American Vanadal Reading: History of Wolves, Emily Fridlund Reading: What Happened, Hillary Clinton Reading: The Lion in the Living Room, Abigail Tucker