Hi. I’m Sameer Vasta, a snail-mail boy living in an email world. I'm an over-user of the discretionary comma.
I pass my time reading my never-ending stack of library books, writing letters to penpals, and exploring the urban landscape on foot.
If you'd like to get in touch, feel free to send me an email or find me on Twitter.
- Slowing down at the end of the year Dec 13
I'm going into the next few weeks feeling a little more settled, a little less scrambled. I'm hoping to enter 2020 not wheezing, but breathing deeply.
- A few hastily-scribbled thoughts on making less money as the years go on Dec 09
The common narrative is that you make more money as your career progresses. It’s not a narrative that applies to everyone.
- A few things I learned this month Nov 30
A quick roundup of a few of the things I learned in November, 2019.
- Falling in love with London, Ontario: a list of things to do Nov 25
In an effort to get to know and love my town a bit more, a few weeks ago, I asked people on Twitter what I should do in London, Ontario over the next year to really fall in love with the city.
- A haircut, and a chance Nov 22
We all need someone to take a chance on us in order for us to grow and learn and become who we want to be.
- The physical design of our neighbourhood acts against the creation of community Nov 08
We didn't have any trick-or-treaters come to our door last week for Halloween, so I've taken on the formidable task of eating all these chocolate bars myself.
- Four years, together Nov 08
Today, I celebrate four years of being married to the best woman I know, and look forward to a whole life ahead of togetherness, and all the adventure that togetherness brings.
- A few things I learned this month Oct 30
A quick roundup of a few of the things I learned in October, 2019.
- Soundless dance Oct 28
It sat there, surroundedby other rocks just like it, not quite different, not quite the same.
- An abundance of apples Oct 25
Every year, by mid-October, our home is filled with an abundance of apples.
- A few passing thoughts from our recent trip to Portugal Oct 20
Originally shared on Twitter, a few passing thoughts and some photos from our trip to Portugal.
- We didn’t have a TV set, but I still had Sesame Street Oct 11
We didn't have a TV set when I was really young, but I still got to watch some television. More accurately: I watched Sesame Street.
- The sounds of the summer go silent Oct 01
Today, on a day where the feels-like temperature surpassed 100°, the pool company came by to close our backyard swimming pool.
- A few things I learned this month Sep 30
A quick roundup of a few of the things I learned in September, 2019.
- Conversations, thoughts, and hope Sep 27
A few disparate, unrelated, unedited and unrevised reflections from the past two weeks, and a whole lot of links.
- Expectations met, and surpassed Sep 15
Ivanopoblano is located in a trailer in the parking lot of 1016 Oxford St E, in London, Ontario. (It will be moving in October 2019.) The menu features the best chilaquiles you've ever had.
- On being okay with fading slowly into the blur of the background Sep 14
A few disparate, loosely-connected, unedited and unrevised thoughts on being okay with fading slowly into the blur of the background.
- First responder Sep 06
Cleo, our cat, has become my first responder when I am feeling the onset of a panic attack.
- We must love one another or die Sep 01
I haven't read this poem in years, but I found it as I was digging through some folders this morning, and thought the timing—and the content—was apt for me to share it here, exactly eighty years since the titular date.
- A few things I learned this month Aug 30
A quick roundup of a few of the things I learned in August, 2019.
- A mile in someone else’s shoes Aug 30
That the world looks and feels different when you walk in someone else's shoes—metaphorically or literally—is a reminder I give to myself often these days.
Visit the archives for a longer list of recent posts or search the blog to find something in particular.