This week, at least six different people, in different contexts, on different occasions, remarked, “you’re looking really happy, comfortable, invigorated recently.” The words they used were different, but the message was the same: something about my demeanor this week made it seem as though I was on cloud nine.
People generally consider me as a happy, jovial fellow. I laugh loudly and easily, and I am almost never caught without a smile on my face. This week, however, I seemed even more enthused with life. I can’t really say why this week was different from any others, but here are a few possible reasons:
- I live with, and will soon be marrying, a woman I love deeply and who loves me.
- I had three speaking gigs this week and got incredible feedback from each one of them.
- There are fresh cut flowers all over my house.
- I make an incredible breakfast sandwich. (I am the egg whisperer.)
- I took a work trip to Ottawa and had some time to eat delicious meals, spend time with friends, and explore the history of the city.
- Cyndi Lauper makes great music to dance to.
- I get to work on some really great projects at work.
- I laughed hysterically at the theater over the weekend.